Monday, July 2, 2012

Faith Art Journal Spread - "my self"


I have been having a blast watching art journal videos and playing in my art journals (I have three going now -- my Joy Journal Project, my Faith Journal, and just a "play" journal.) 


This spread about how I feel -- like my self again (not "a whole new person") -- having lost 90lbs (last year) was inspired by Claudine Hellmuth's "poppets" :



My poppet makes me smile :) She has a little more "shape" than Claudine Hellmuth's ladies do -- but that feature was important to me in this spread given the subject matter ;) The photo of my head was from the photo shoot of my head-shaving party  when we all got silly with wigs and feather boas. (My sister made the awesome video, and my friend Helen took all the fun pictures.) 



I feel like the spread needs some more layers, but I'm just not sure how to go about adding them. So for now, it's done. Any suggestions?




2 comments:

  1. Oh Paula, this is just so beautiful. I just watched the video with a big BIG smile on my face! Though it's not a fun time to be in, you all seen to have a blast. Like you make it like having a party. You are so blessed!!

    And love to see how you start art journaling again.

    Love you!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...