Monday, August 23, 2010

Sidewalk Art

DD8 and her friends were playing outside the other day and got around to using sidewalk chalk. All of a sudden she was at my side asking if I would consider posting their work on my blog. When I said, "Sure," the girls were giddy with excitement (though I think one of them thought it was my "blob" on which they would be featured ;) They frantically worked at decorating every tile of the neighbour's walkway. Here are the creations of these budding artists, aged 8 and 6:
















Have you and/or your children found ways to be creative outside this summer?

Just one more note -- DD12 and some other neighbourhood children have been working on a communal fort in the forest. It's quite an impressive, 6-level structure with ladders and stairs and signs saying, "This fort is for everyone. Feel free to add to it. Please don't destroy it." I've only seen it once and didn't have my camera with me at the time -- but I ask you, how cool is that???? I'll try to get pictures soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...