Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Name Canvas

I decided the gift for my friend wasn't complete, so I made this to go with it. As I mentioned in my Baby Art post, it's hard to make art for other people because you can't be certain if they'll like your creation. But it was a little experiment I wanted to try with using book pages as a background, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. It was fun:) Because she is musical, the pages I used were from a little music text.



(The stand isn't part of it -- it's actually part of a gift she gave me! I just used it for the photo:)

Because I knew I was going to give her the wire dragonfly I made, I included some dragonflies in the collage. And speaking of my wire dragonfly, here he is adorning the gift as I had envisioned:

 

Cute, eh?

By the way, what do you think of the new look of my blog???? I made the header myself using one of my own art backgrounds! I'm pleased that I've been able to make the margins smaller so my text section is wider and my pictures can be bigger:) I don't know that this look will be my "signature look" -- but it's been fun playing and learning how to do all this technical stuff! Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Just for fun, I linked this post to:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up        party!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, I love the dragon fly themed gift. Very cute! I also like the new look of your blog! Keep up the good work!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara:) I appreciate your stopping by and saying so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to say that I think it's great that you were able to use your own artwork in the header. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya -- it still seems a little "stretched" to me -- but now that I know how to do it, I can fix it, I think:)

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...