Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Word Art Wednesday - May 30, 2012





I'm trying to get back in the groove here with Word Art Wednesday! This week's word art challenge offers the text of Matthew 5:16 (you're welcome to use it for your own art):






My "light" is Christ in me, and I really do want it to shine so that others can glorify God because of what they see in me. Any of my "good works" come from Him. 


Simple art is the necessity for me these days, so I started with a piece of my children's old art as a background. (I like to honour their work -- even if it's just "play with paint" -- by doing that. Is it just me, or do you see an accidental Pooh Bear reaching into a beehive in the top left corner?!?!?) The drawing is more basic than I envisioned -- but like I said, simple is the necessity. I wanted the heart to be the focal point, and the heart-shaped gem served that purpose -- and covered the poorly done hands I'd drawn! I used glitter glue to create the illusion of light shining. I like the fact that it sort of obliterates the drawing when it is held at an angle that catches the light because when the Light of Christ shines through us, our fleshly selves, our selfish carnal parts are diminished and people see Him instead of us. 


Once I uploaded the photo of my art, I played a bit more with it using Picassa. I love the funky results:







If you'd like to participate in this week's challenge, you might just win a little loveliness from our sponsor, Nicecrane Designs


In the meantime, I encourage you to read this guest post at Chatting at the Sky entitled 3 Ways to Leave an Honest Legacy. "Just so you know, whether you realize it or not, you're an artist." Believe it!

2 comments:

  1. Simple is good...love that you used your children's art and it turned out quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to see you again, dear friend! I DO see Pooh in the corner! And I LOVE that you've used a creation from one of YOUR creations--such a special thing! LOVE your page--and the glitter gel is perfect to remind us of our light! :) Have a wonderful rest of your week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...