Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Courage to be Creative

I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of person that needs instructions. I prefer to know how to do something before I set about doing it. So, when it comes to creativity in the kitchen, I've always relied upon recipes. Ok, I might make a sauce on my own, or a salad dressing -- but I've always used a recipe for something baked. I've figured that it probably wouldn't turn out if I just winged it -- there's too much "chemistry" involved.

But family food allergies have driven me to face my fears and -- just do it! Ingredients that I've always thought had to be in there -- like eggs, if a standard recipe calls for them -- I've just been omitting because DD8 is allergic to them. And you know what? -- I haven't bombed out yet!

Here are some chocolate oatmeal scones I made without a recipe:



And some fluffy pancakes that turned out perfectly!




Huh! I know that for many of you this is pretty basic -- but I'm kind of encouraged by this creative success. What new-found freedom -- what opportunities to branch out and experiment!

Is there any creative process that you have discovered you can exercise some freedom you  hadn't thought you could?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...