Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Perfect Pair - Altered Art

Today is my husband's and my 19th wedding anniversary! In honour of that, I did a bit of altered art. Let's see if you can guess what I altered . . . (I'll give you a hint -- it's an advertisement for something.)

(Note: No money was spent in the creation of this card. That makes me frugal -- not cheap ;)


This is the cover. The title, "The Perfect Pair" was part of the original advertising. (I know it's "cheesy" -- ha!):

This is the inside spread:

The title "Create Your Own" was also part of the original advertisement ;)

An extra little flap that was originally a coupon, I think:

Space for me to write a personal note: (You didn't think I would share THAT did you?!;)

A close up of the title in case it helps you to guess:

Any guesses????

Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the original, but you can go here to see what type of advertising I used to create this one-of-a-kind (crazy?!?!?) anniversary card. If you think you know, leave a comment before you check the link.

Have you recycled anything that would otherwise be garbage into something useful and unique? Tell me about it in a comment:)



I linked this post to . . .

Visit thecsiproject.com

6 comments:

  1. This was so awesome, Paula! And what a way to look at everyday ads around us. I actually chuckled when I went to the link. I never would have guessed. : )
    Have a great day together and hope you are blessed with many more anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing nylons?

    What a lovely project! This will be a terrific memento of a such a special day. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kelly. Good try on the guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Xinme,
    Stopping by from the CSI project. Your entry is awesome. We're big on paper crafts in our family, too (scrap drawers overflowing). With paper, you're never without the stuff to make small tokens of love.

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...